Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hustlin', Hustlin'...

I'll never be one to compete BECAUSE of someone... I'm embarking on this whole triathlon thing to see what i can do. To keep myself motivated to push further. I don't like coasting... I like evolving in everything I do. If my next race time isn't better, than I know I'm not working hard enough. But i like *encouragement*. So when Antonio came over to me the other day when I was on the treadmill, and asked "Scho, how are tings going wich you?" and i told him I clocked a 1:48 in my last half (My PB is 1:40... but since this was my longest race since breaking my hip, i was rather happy...). He looked at me and said "Jew know, you could... you have de condeeshoning to make 1:30."
I replied that that was my goal for May, and he nodded..."You can do eet." He then went back to his client, but his words made me increase the incline to 1.5 for my last two miles.
I am aware it takes a certain type of personality to want to compete in a solo sport... but really, what makes someone do it? Why do we stick to training schedules? Why do we get up at ungodly hours, go to work, get a 2nd workout in, and then fall asleep in our cottage cheese at night?
I'm thankful that my hours have changed @ the bank so i can get my workouts in a lot better. I'm excited to be dating someone who understands when I say "I have to run first, then we can go do something."
I have the option of a race this Saturday... and I'm thinking I should go. I love trail races, and this'll be a good 25k training run. I have a half-marathon Nov. 4th, and my long runs have been good, but not consistent. Races usually get my mojo pumping again... almost as much as words of encouragement from Antonio.
Anyway... that's my 1st post. I can't be bothered to lay out all sorts of things at this point, because I consider this a new relationship. I never blogged on a blog. I've kept facebook posts, and i've become a lot more comfortable with people reading my work. So just like in a relationship, things will come out and be discussed as this progresses.
Anyway... i have some serious heartburn (cause unknown...) and am going to go in hunt of some Rolaids.

Pace

No comments: